Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fall and Rise

Author's Note:  I haven't written a poem in awhile, so I wanted to write one today, using a different technique.  When I was looking on other blogs, I saw this form of poetry a lot and I wanted to try it out.  I don't know if it makes sense to anyone else, but decided to experiment.  I focused on the format for this piece.  My inspiration was this song that I heard the other day about how life has ups and downs, but you have to pick yourself up and keep going.

Dead or ALIVE
We f
a
l
l
And
e
s

i
r

o        r and o
v        e        v
e        v        e
r and o        r again
NeVeR sEeMiNg To STOP.
And finally I have reached the
                                i
                o                             n
p                                                             t

where I can go no f         a              r              t              h             e             r
                                               
o
I have reached the t               p.

                                   up
Whatever goes                    must come
                                   down.

A delicate feather I f
                                         a
                                                       l
                                                                      l
upon this poor town.
Until the wind picks me UP         
the Angel lays in DiSgUiSe.
                                                       e             g
Ready or NOT our lives will c                                      n                                                       e.
                                                       h             a                                                        s

s                                              n                                                                  i
                o             o                             I will c o  m    e    to            r

1 comment:

  1. First off, I really like the author's note. I figured I saw the influence of e. e. cummings, but knowing that you purposefully did so is pretty cool. I also am appreciative of the risk taking here. Taking risks with writing brings the challenge of facing criticism, and feeling uncertain about what we do as writers. At the same time, risk taking is a quality of an advanced writer. Excellent job. I love the poem, and the spirit it was written in.

    ReplyDelete